Colon Cleansing and Full Body Detoxification
Good health, to a great extent, depends on the normal functioning of the body’s digestive system, including the breakdown, absorption and assimilation of nutrients and the effective elimination of waste products and toxins. Contrary to what you may have heard, the body is quite capable of cleansing itself when provided with a healthy diet, adequate pure water, proper exercise and support from herbs and fiber.
Internal detoxification is one of the body’s most basic functions and is powerfully promoted by certain, natural herbs, nutritive fibers and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals).
What is Detoxification?
Detoxification is the process of cleansing, removing pollutants from our bodies. The colon, liver and kidneys play primary roles in this process, and the lungs, lymphatic system and skin are also involved in this normal, bodily process of toxin elimination.
Today’s stressful, toxin-producing lifestyle and poor eating habits are two major reasons that we should be detoxifying our bodies on a regular basis to promote wellness.
- Thousands of potentially toxic chemicals, e.g., preservatives, etc., are added to our foods;
- Plants are sprayed with toxins, such as herbicides and pesticides;
- Over 700 potentially chemical poisons have been identified in our drinking water;
- A significant amount of our food has been genetically engineered, processed, refined, frozen and overcooked, destroying its nutritional value;
- Air pollution assaults us in many deleterious ways.
Never before has the human body been subject to such high concentrations of toxins.
- Our body’s systems for elimination of waste and toxins are often overburdened by eating too much food, as well as stressed by diets rich in highly processed foods of poor quality or entirely absent nutritive value.
- Lack of exercise, sedentary lifestyle and bad eating habits all encourage toxic buildup.
- Mental stress and negative emotions can create internal toxins, e.g., free radical oxidative stress, abnormal, toxic levels of hormones, etc. Today’s fast pace of life and the increasing cost of the daily essentials for living may force us into greater job responsibility, longer hours at work and traveling long distances. Family tensions, childcare, difficulty paying bills, etc., can further stress our bodies.
Over time, with the increasing demands in our lives, mental and physical stress can undermine and debilitate the function of our eliminative organs, especially the intestines, liver and kidneys, and, as result the body can become overloaded with waste matter. Sluggish digestion, bloating, constipation, fatigue and lack of well being are often the first signs of toxicity of our body.
In fact, constipation is one of the most common gastrointestinal complaints in America. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) estimates that three million or more Americans frequently experience constipation and related digestive system imbalances and upset.
Prolonged bouts of constipation and/or poor quality bowel movements may often contribute to poor health due to toxic buildup in the colon, which then poisons our metabolic pathways and leads to malfunction and gradual breakdown of our organ systems. Constipation also can steal our nutrients, attack our cells and vital organs, stress our immune system defenses and further poison our bodies directly and indirectly.
The Royal Society of Medicine of Great Britain reports, “More than 65 different health challenges are caused by a toxic colon.” Intestinal toxicity, therefore, is a prime health concern.
Symptoms of Toxicity
These may include, but are not limited to:
- Abdominal bloating, gassiness and discomfort;
- Constipation and other digestive problems;
- Feeling fatigued often or tired all the time;
- Malaise (general feeling of ill health)
Constipation and irregularity can increase with lifestyle factors:
- Fast foods, junk foods, processed foods full of chemical preservatives, fried fatty foods, white sugar and refined carbohydrates (commercial white bread, pasta, pastries, donuts, crackers, candy, sodas, etc.);
- Artificial sweeteners;
- Too much alcohol, e.g., beer, wine or hard liquor;
- Too many caffeinated beverages, e.g., coffee, tea, sodas, ‘energy’ drinks;
- Smoking cigarettes, cigars and using chewing tobacco and snuff;
- Over-the-counter drugs of all varieties;
- Prescribed, conventional, pharmaceutical medications;
- Recreational abuse of illegal drugs.
Benefits of Cleansing
Cleansing helps the whole body to efficiently eliminate waste and toxins from its system. Secondly, through appropriate supplementation, the body receives the right micronutrients, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to support and promote internal detoxification and regeneration. Adding high quality, nutritive fibers to our daily diet helps to regulate the elimination of waste and toxins from the body, as well as to promote immune defenses and healthy, stable metabolism.
Cleansing helps restore a balanced state to the entire body. It promotes good digestion, balanced moods and inner and outer beauty. Regular colon care is the best way to regain and maintain your overall, maximum, vibrant health and well being.
Natural Detox’s Digest It Colon Cleanse Program will powerfully assist your body in achieving this renewed state of balanced health. Digest It consists of natural, plant-based ingredients, which help get rid of waste and toxins efficiently and supports the body’s normal and regular patterns of elimination. It is a natural, herbal detoxification program for cleansing the colon and entire body in support of optimum health.